Join Our Team
Careers at mission zero
As a quickly growing start up, we are constantly on the lookout for inspiring and motivated team members who share our values and beliefs. If you desire to be a part of this most critical movement and start making an impact today, you are in the right place!
About Mission Zero
Mission Zero, a Climate University accelerator, funds and supports students working on climate action. By working with faculty and donors, we are empowering the next generation of leaders to tackle our climate crisis.
We are partnered with the University of Colorado at Boulder, who is leading the way in climate education and solutions.
Today, Mission Zero is in its second year at CU and in the 2022/23 academic year will be focusing on 2 main cornerstone events:
- Climate Action Expo: an event for students to show off with climate solutions where all students are invited to interact along with faculty and the community.
- Climate Across the Curriculum: a workshop for university faculty to teach mechanisms on how to incorporate climate change into their existing class curriculum.
We are looking for full time students currently enrolled at the University of Colorado at Boulder for the fall 2022 semester. Preference is given to sophomores and juniors, with the intention of having interns with us for a minimum of 2 school years. Interns will join us as independent contractors, and the position will be for 10 hours per week maximum. The role will be a combination of in-person and remote work.
Current Roles: Fall Semester 2022
[click job title for full job description]
- Student Engagement Intern
- Student outreach & engagement
- Ambassador/Volunteer program development
- University relationships
- Create agendas for and run weekly student ambassador meetings
- Manage on campus events
- Help with swag sourcing
- KPI: Email sign ups & # of ambassadors
- Climate Curriculum Intern
- Manage faculty outreach & engagement
- Manage/update list of faculty partners & presentation opportunities
- Assist with creation of class presentations
- Presentations in class about Mission Zero programs as needed
- KPI: # of faculty participating in promoting Mission Zero’s programs
- Climate Action Expo Intern
- Student outreach & engagement
- Manage promotion of exhibitor involvement
- Help review applications
- Liaison between CU Environmental Center & Mission Zero
- Assist with sponsorship/donors as needed
- KPI: Expo applications & # of attendees at Expo
- Website Internship
- Website & content management (WordPress & Beaver builder)
- UX Design
- Mobile optimization
- SEO best practices
- Mobile optimizations
- KPI: Sessions & clicks
- Social Media Intern
- Social media management
- Social media strategy
- Content creation & copywriting
- Customer experience management
- Create and implement social media calendar
- KPI: Engagement on social media channels
Our ideal candidate will:
- Embody our shared values professionally and personally:
- Democratic Governance: everyone has a voice, and we respect the rule of law.
- Truth: don't mislead people, don't mislead yourself.
- Equality: we have equal rights to resources and opportunities.
- Contribution to Public Good: when we support our communities, our communities support us.
- Empathy: be helpful, be nice and listen to each other.
- Accountability: our actions match our words.
- Climate Change Critical: the ranging calamities from climate change are imminent and devastating to humanity.
- Personal Responsibility: all global citizens must move toward carbon zero lifestyles to advance climate action.
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit with desire to seize the opportunity and be a part of this most critical movement.
- Be currently enrolled full time at the University Of Colorado at Boulder during the fall of 2022.
- You have some experience with the items in the job description, whether it be from a class project for a more professional setting.
- You’re passionate about climate action, sustainability, environmentalism and human equity.
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator, someone who is able to build trust and credibility through honest, direct communication.
- You have a high EQ and know how to collaborate with different types of personalities and cater communications to different audiences.
- You maintain a polite, helpful and friendly demeanor in adverse conditions.
- $25 per hour. Up to 10 hours per week maximum.
- Independent Contractors - 1099 status
If interested, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to send an email to Paul@missionzero.io with your resume and cover letter. Please include the intern position you are applying for in the subject line.
We will be in touch soon with next steps.