Project Overview: The College of Media, Communication, & Information (CMCI) is an interdisciplinary college committed to giving today’s communicators a wider variety of knowledge, skills, and experience. This partnership demonstrates the breadth of the role that communication and media play in addressing the global climate crisis. Climate projects in the Spring 2022 semester included:
- “Meatless Monday” Campaign
- Climate Justice Community Input
- San Luis Valley Climate Impact Experience
- Climate Section in The Bold
- Mimesis Film Festival: Climate-Related Documentary Award
- Research on Effect of Climate Education on Various Platforms
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science Exhibit
- Research on How Communications Impact Climate Change
Impact: The funding of $25,000 for the Spring 2022 semester supported eight projects and allowed over 100 students to directly work on climate change.
Action Needed: We’d like to increase this funding for the ‘22-’23 academic year to $100,000 to support climate action projects within CMCI.